Due to the rising COVID cases and in response to the needs of the community, we are opening our rapid COVID testing to all patients.
How does it work?
- You are seen via telehealth by one of our providers.
- The provider will determine when the best time for testing is for you based on your situation.
- You will be scheduled at our facility at our dedicated testing center.
- It is a finger prick and results are back in 15 minutes.
How do I get an appointment?
- If you are already a patient here, please text (407) 250-9975 to set up a telehealth appointment with one of our providers.
- If you are a new patient, simply fill out the new patient form.
- Email it back to NewPatient@WindermereMedicalCenter.com and someone will contact you for an appointment.
- This telehealth visit is ONLY to obtain an order for COVID testing and address any related symptoms.
- The provider will determine which test is appropriate and when to come for testing.
- Self-pay cost for telehealth encounter and rapid 15 minute test or blood antibody is $250. No nasal swab (PCR) test available for self-pay.
- NO WALK-IN appointments will be offered this testing.
- COVID testing is only offered to patients age 16 and older.
- No copay or deductible will be collected, but we will submit to your insurance.
- Any recommended time off work/school is based on CDC guidelines and will be indicated in discharge instructions. Work forms/FMLA will not be completed.
You will be responsible for any payments not covered by your insurance. Text (407) 250-9975 for an appointment.
Coronavirus Appointment FAQs
As part of our response to COVID-19, we’re taking additional proactive steps to ensure the health and safety of anyone visiting our office so you can feel confident you and your loved ones are protected while at our office.
Here are several common questions and answers addressing our increased safety measures.
We’ve taken several additional steps to help ensure the health and safety of our patients and staff at this time.
Here’s what our team is doing to keep you safe:
- We’re open with restricted hours and a change from our normal process.
- Enforcing 6-foot social distancing measures throughout our office.
- All employees and patients are required to be screened and wear masks prior to entry into the building.
- We’re sanitizing all equipment and rooms after each use.
- Using extra hand-sanitizing stations.
- Increasing the frequency and intensity of handwashing and office cleaning.
- Our staff is equipped with CDC-recommended personal protective equipment.
- We have special protocols and appointments for high-risk populations.
Our goal is to provide you with the same quality care you’ve always been able to receive with us while following all recommended federal, state and local COVID-19 guidelines.
- Loss of taste or smell
- Shortness of breath
- Sore throat
- Muscle pain
The health and safety of our team, our patients and our community is our top priority. If you believe you are experiencing symptoms of the virus, please contact our office and reschedule your appointment as soon as you can.