Board Certified Internal Medicine Physician
Ross University | Iselin, NJ
University of Pittsburgh | Pittsburgh, PA
- American Medical Association
- American College of Physicians
- American Association of Physicians of Indian Origin
- CAPI – Central Florida Association of Physicians from the Indian Subcontinent
- Indian American Chamber of Commerce New Entrepreneur of the Year
- MacNeal Hospital Physician of the Year (2007)
- MacNeal Hospital Best Teaching Attending (2008)
Niral Patel, M.D., is a board certified internal medicine physician and the CEO of Windermere Medical Center.
Dr. Patel grew up watching his parents helping people and he was drawn to choose a profession where he could help people on a daily basis. He says, “It seemed a very natural career choice to become a doctor.”
Dr. Patel earned his bachelor’s degree in biology at the University of Pittsburgh, where he also minored in psychology, and went on to earn his medical degree at Ross University. He has been practicing for nine years and is a member of the American Medical Association, the American College of Physicians and the American Association of Physicians of Indian Origin.
Specializing in internal medicine, Dr. Patel focuses heavily on preventative care and management of chronic medical conditions. Earlier this year, the Indian American Chamber of Commerce named him New Entrepreneur of the Year. MacNeal Hospital honored him as Physician of the Year in 2007 and Best Teaching Attending in 2008.
When Dr. Patel is not helping his patients, he enjoys spending time with his friends and family, golfing, and traveling to new places. During the NFL season he spends quality time with his sons watching the Steelers play.