Windermere Medical Center offers immigration physicals, which include completion of the USCIS Form I-693 and all associated tests. Dr. Patel is a licensed US Civil Surgeon and is authorized by the Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services to conduct Immigration Physicals for the Department of Homeland Security.
Everything for your exam can be completed in our office, so call 407 876-2273 or click here to request your appointment now!
Services & Fees
Processing time for complete and basic physical exams may be from 1 to 4 days.
Immigration Physical Examination – Initial Consultation
Mandatory testing per USCIS for patient greater than age 15, includes a tuberculin skin test (PPD) with placement and interpretation, a syphilis blood test (RPR), and a gonorrhea urine test. The cost of this initial consultation is $400.
Mandatory testing per USCIS for patient greater than age 2 but less than age 15 includes a tuberculin skin test (PPD) with placement and interpretation. The cost of this initial consultation is $250.
If you require additional laboratory tests, a chest x-ray (if your PPD is positive), additional vaccines, or blood draw to confirm titers for previous vaccinations will incur additional charges. This will be discussed during your initial consultation.
The consultation includes:
- Physical Examination
- Review of your written vaccination and other health records
- Certified and Sealed I-693 Form
- Copies of your laboratory test results
All laboratory tests, radiology exams, and vaccines can be completed ON SITE in our office.
What to Bring
In order to expedite the process, please bring your records to our office for review.
- Bring a government issued picture ID such as a valid passport (preferred), driver’s license, green card, or military ID.
- Medical records (translated to English by an official translator, if necessary), including proof of prior treatment for tuberculosis or other infectious disease and prior chest x-rays
- Immunization records (translated to English by an official translator, if necessary)
- Any mental health records (translated to English by an official translator, if necessary)
- Report of Medical Examination and Vaccination Record (Form I-693), pre-completed with your information IN CAPITAL LETTERS. You must use the most recent version of this form (expiration date is located on the top right of this form).
- Please plan to be at our office for at least 2-3 hours for this process on the first day of the exam. Processing time for the entire physical (time is determined by required tests/labs you may need) is 1 to 4 days. If your appointment is on a Friday or Saturday, this time frame may be longer due to lab processing over a weekend. If you need additional labs or a referral to a specialist, this is a separate expense and may require up to 1-2 weeks for a result and/or clearance, depending on the test and required referral.
After The Exam
Once the immigration medical examination is completed and all immunizations, lab tests, and specialist appointments (if applicable) have been performed, you will receive your USCIS Form I-693 in a sealed envelope (a separate copy will be provided to you with lab results). You will submit the sealed envelope and your immigration application to the Department of Homeland Security and U.S. Citizen and Immigration Services. DO NOT OPEN THE SEALED ENVELOPE. Your medical examination is only valid for one year after the immigration exam date.
You will be notified of the results of your lab work (and chest x-ray, if applicable) within 1 to 4 days. If you have a health condition which requires a referral to a specialist, clearance will not be granted until we receive results of your visit with the specialist. You will be responsible for the cost of any additional medical examinations or treatments required to fulfill the federal health requirements established by USCIS.
Windermere Medical Center does have bilingual staff, but it is your responsibility to bring a translator and have all your necessary immunization and medical records translated into English by an official translator to expedite your exam process.
All expenses must be paid at the time of your exam. We accept cash, Visa, MasterCard and Discover. No checks or American Express.
You may visit the Official US Citizen & Immigration Services website for more information.