Every year health insurance changes a little, but this next year has some big changes. We care deeply about our patients and their access to medical care, so we want to make sure you know what is happening – and what you may need to do.
Aetna, Humana, and United Healthcare are closing their Marketplace (Obamacare) plans on December 31st, 2016. If you received a letter from them announcing the closing of your health plan, you need to shop for a new plan and new insurance carrier for next year. That can be frustrating, but don’t worry. Visit www.Healthcare.gov starting November 1st, 2016, to see the full list of other health plans available for you to choose from this fall.
We also wanted to let you know that some insurance companies are changing their list of doctors and their provider network for next year, so it’s very important that you check to make sure that the doctors you want to see are still in your health plan’s network. Otherwise, you might be paying a lot more to see them.
We would very much like to keep you as a patient. The marketplace insurance carriers that we participate with are Cigna and Florida Blue. If you choose a plan from one of them, you will continue to have in-network coverage with us.
Many health plans will also be changing the benefits they offer in 2017 – like the amount you’ll pay when you need to see a doctor or get a prescription filled. It’s important to carefully read through the plan benefits to make sure they still meet your needs and your budget.
Updates about Cigna Plans
Starting July 1st, 2016, we are now in network with the following Cigna plans:
- Cigna Local Plus HSA 6200
- Cigna Local Plus IN 6800
- Cigna Disney HMO with HRA (through Florida Hospital and Orlando Health)
- Cigna Open Access Plus (OAP)
- Cigna PPO and HMO plans
Choosing wisely – you need to decide what option works best for you
- Review all of your plan choices during the open enrollment period starting November 1st, 2016. Go to www.Healthcare.gov to update your subsidy application and double-check the amount of financial assistance available to you.
- Shop and compare plans with the support of www.Healthcare.gov, local navigators, or by working directly with the insurance company of your choice.
- If your plan is closing, it’s a good idea to make your health plan decision by December 15th, 2016 to make sure your coverage starts on January 1st, 2017.
- Be sure to pay the first month’s bill for your new plan by January 1st, 2017. Once you pay, your new plan will start on January 1st, and you’ll have peace of mind knowing you can get the care you need, when you need it.
- For all of the products listed above, look for PATEL MEDICAL VENTURES, LLC dba WINDERMERE MEDICAL CENTER (Dr. Niral Patel-Internal Medicine, Dr. Gigi Maniar and Dr. Nasimul Siddiqui-Pediatrics, and Dr. Justin Napotnik-Chiropractor-are all in network).
Our staff is dedicated to your health and well-being. We want to make sure you have the facts about this change in your health coverage, so you continue to have access to quality care at Windermere Medical Center.
Niral Patel, M.D. and the Staff at Windermere Medical Center